First of all, thank you very much for your interest!
If you are a current Yale student, feel free to stop by my office any time or email me to make an appointment.
If you are an external applicant interested in pursuing your PhD at Yale, please just apply via the regular application process.
By default, I will look for PhD students every year.
Please apply to EE to work with me. To help us sort applications, please mention my name in your application form or your statement, and select the Systems track.
Admissions are recommended by a departmental committee to the graduate school, who makes the final decisions. Therefore, I am afraid it is not possible for me to assess your chance of admission.
Nor do I plan to contact any candidate unless some material is missing or I need to interview anyone.
In particular, given my limited inbox size, please do not email your CV, transcript, or papers unless I specifically ask you for it. Thank you for your understanding and good luck!
Past interns at MSRA
- Rui Xia, September 2013 - March 2014, PhD student from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
- Heran Lin, June 2013 - September 2013, undergraduate from Tsinghua University -> master student at CMU
- Xiao Lin Liu, November 2010 - January 2013, PhD student from USTC, co-advised with Chong Luo and Feng Wu
- Hao Gu, October 2012 - April 2013, undergraduate from USTC -> master student at CMU
- Jianyu Huang, June 2012 - December 2012, undergraduate from Beihang University -> PhD student at UT Austin
- Qifan Pu, July 2011 - June 2012, undergraduate from USTC -> PhD student at UC Berkeley
- Xiaofan Lu, July 2011 - June 2012, undergraduate from Beihang -> Master's from UT Austin -> Google (Mountain View)
- Yanjiao Chen, Novermber 2011 - January 2012, PhD student from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, co-advised with Kun Tan
- Daehyeok Kim, November 2011 - January 2012, Master student from Pohang University of Science and Technology -> PhD student at UT Austin, co-advised with Kun Tan
- Chen Qian, November 2010 - March 2011, undergraduate from Tsinghua University -> Master's from Chinese University of Hong Kong -> Google (Mountain View), co-advised with Kun Tan